Category Archives: Tag
I’ve been roundabout tagged by The Crazy Sheep Lady over at Punkin’s Patch for the sixth photo tag. The object of the game is to go into your photo archives and pick your sixth file, and the sixth photo in that file and tell us about it.
Mine happened to be a photo of my sss-very sss-special sss-cat named sss-Boo, (She talks with a lisp). Boo is an indoor cat, she is a princess, she is solid black and loves the afternoon light filtering in through the windows. This photo of her basking in the sunlight was taken back in 2006, according to my file folder.
Boo came to live with Hubby and I in 2002. I had a little male cat, one of two named Diesel (his brother was Petrol). Diesel was very attached to me and I to him, he loved for me to carry him around the house and actually smiled at me lovingly. He was a doll. Diesel and Petrol moved to mine and Hubby’s house after we got married. I had just started letting them outside on and off during the day but never at night time. Hubby was leaving very early in the morning to go on a business trip and as he ran his luggage to the truck, he left the front door open and Diesel escaped. I realized later that morning that he was no where to be found in the house and called Hubby on his cell to see if he had seen him that morning. He said no and we left it at that. Sometimes he and his brother would hide in the house in the strangest spots but being that we live in about 950 square feet, it shouldn’t be hard to find him. Well, he was gone. I then realized that Hubby probably left the door open and Diesel ran out… We have a lot of coyotes around here…
So I got another kitten from the pound a little later, his name was Sparky and he was black and white mix. I brought him home and quickly fell in love with him but, Sparky never grew. He always stayed small and was obviously very un-healthy. Sparky died not too much later and I was heart broken again. I had just about given up on having a cat again, yeah, I had Petrol still but he was a Weirdo with a capital “W.” Petrol actually moved back to my parent’s house and was much happier. I longed for a feline friend though… One evening I got a call from a lady I had house sat for before I had gotten married. She said that she was out picking up litter along the highway with our local “De-Litter Bugs” group and they had found a mama cat, a brother and sister along the highway with a bag of cat food. She had known that I loved black cats and as it turned out, these were all black. She said that the mama and brother had found a home but she had brought home the sister and as it turns out, was allergic. She wondered if I was interested. I asked if the kitten was healthy, (I can’t live through another feline death). She said, “Oh yes! If she isn’t sleeping, she’s beating up our dogs!” I knew that she sounded like the one for me.
Hubby and I drove down to her house and found the little black kitten fast asleep on the back of a chair. She was beautiful and just a tiny little ink spot. We brought her home and I vowed that she’d stay indoors with us and away from the coyotes. We wound up naming her “Boo” after the character on Monsters Inc. and she quickly became the head chick in the household. We would actually rough house with her much like a dog. She was a blast!
Finally when Boo was about two, and we thought she’d never accept another cat into her life, we got Jack. He was perfect for Boo, wouldn’t take no for an answer. Though she’d hiss and hide, he’d persue her until she finally gave in, now they’re the best of buddies… Two house bound cats in 950 square feet.
Who could resist that face!?
My tagging victims:
- Tracey at On the Shores of Carpenter Creek (yeah, I know you don’t like tags but this one fits your photo-self)
- Tammy at Wrensong Farm
- Shannon at Kenleigh Acres’ Life on the Farm
- Linda at Patchwork Fibers
I snagged this questionnaire from Lisa over at Laughing Orca Ranch as I thought it looked fun. So, will you all participate? Post it on your blog and then let me know so I can visit you, or answer in my comments!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
3. Colored lights on house/tree or white?
At my parent’s house we always did colored but I have white on my tree. On the house, colored.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. The cats would eat it.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
About two weeks before Christmas day.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Probably the garlic mashed potatoes and the prime rib from our home grown steer.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Probably making my parent’s get out of bed early. And I didn’t laugh then but do now, that my mom always had to have hot tea while opening presents so we had to wait for the water to boil… That took FOREVER. A watched pot never boils right?
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don’t remember ever really “believing” in him. My dad would always put something under the tree from Santa, but I always knew who it was. I’m not too big into believing in Santa still, so I’m sure Annie will know the truth right away. To me, Christmas is much more spiritual than Santa, though he is fun to think about.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I have been given a lot of horsey ornaments over the years and some have come from around the world. I would say that is my main theme but being that we celebrate at my parent’s house more than here, they have a lot of heirloom ornaments that are very important to me. We’ll be decorating their tree tomorrow night so I plan on getting some pics.
11. Snow. Love it or dread it?
Last year it got pretty old as we had feet instead of inches. But I do have to say I think it’s one of the most beautiful things about this earth as it makes everything almost “sinless” if you know what I mean. A winter wonderland is one of my favorite things to see and we surely have that here right now… But! I do have to say that the wet, sloppy snow is definitely a dread for me… I much rather prefer the fluffy dry stuff we are having now and had last year.
12. Can you ice skate?
That’d be a sight… No, I avoid having to try and kill myself.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Probably my gray cowboy boots that I wanted so badly when I was about 10!
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Making sure that Christ is in Christmas.
15. What are your favorite holiday desserts?
Homemade fudge, peppermint, and cookies!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Driving through town to see the lights.
17. What tops your Christmas tree?
Usually nothing at my parent’s house, they normally have about a 12′ tree. At my house, our little four footer is topped by a bow I made.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
I love receiving, but I get the most joy out of finding the right present for someone. I am a really good elf and always do the shopping for my father-in-law. 😀
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
“Oh Holy Night.”
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?
Yum yum yum yum yum! Now you know I’m a peppermint addict.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear jammies?
Have you read my profile? I don’t dress up.
24. Do you own a Santa hat?
Only one that fits my equine friends.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
My parent’s, his parent’s, and this year, both his sisters and their kids. Sometimes the neighbors will pop in too.
26. What are your least favorite things about Christmas?
Being reminded about Christmas in the stores, as early as Halloween and skipping over Thanksgiving.