Category Archives: Award
I received an award from Michelle over at Boulderneigh a few days ago… or was it a week now? The days have been getting away from me lately so I’m not really sure when it is! But I sure appreciate her thinking of me as being creative and for passing along this award.
Apparently, as part of the award I am supposed to list 7 favorite authors — being that I used to read quite a bit (novels), I have done hardly any reading for quite a while now. Annie, new hobbies, and a busy life keep me from it for the most part. Also, I am more of a non-fiction reader (which I do a lot of!), I enjoy learning from books so I buy books that are related to what I want to learn such as sewing, felting, crocheting, horse keeping, sheep keeping, photography and such. I also like to read true stories about real people. With that said I will list the following favorite books and authors that I have been recently learning from:
- “Quilts Baby!” by Linda Kopp
- “Warm and Fuzzies” by Betz White (very fun!)
- “The Adobe Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers” by Scott Kelby
- “Florence Nightingale” Biography in Heroes of the Faith
- “How to Raise Sheep” put out by FFA – Shannon at Kenleigh Acres’ photos are in there!
- “Bridge Called Hope” by Kim Meeder short stories of Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch
- “The Trinity Alps Companion” by Wayne F. Moss.
Speaking of creativity, here’s the top of my first baby quilt I have attempted. It came out pretty good, and was fairly easy too!
It’s for a friend from church who is having a baby girl in January. I still need to put the batting and backing on, but it’s not far from being done! The hardest part will be restraining myself from giving it to her!
I sure hope she likes it!
Now for 7 blogs I think of when I think Kreativ:
- Sara at Punkin’s Patch
- Linda at the 7MSN
- Kenleigh’s Fiber Studio (Michelle gave it to her Farm blog, I give it to her Fiber shop, both are oozing creativity! 🙂
- Linda at Patchwork Fibers
- Hannah at H2Photography — a professional photographer friend from church, she’s excellent!
- Tracey at Mustang Diaries
- and Dyln
Now go forth, all of you creative people and be awarded! You all deserve it and are all so creative, in your own special ways.
Well, I’ve finally decided on a name! Hurray, my little heifer calf no longer has to be “Heifer Calf” — how boring is that?
With a little face like this, she desperately needs a good name and I was fresh out when she was born. Thankfully I had the thought to call on all of you and got some excellent suggestions:
- Mooreen (Maureen)
- Llewella or Llewellen (<3 those!)
- Cassey, Bessy, Flossy (<3 this!), Petunia
- Esmerelda or Euphemia (never heard of the latter — great!)
- Matilida (my favorite cow is Mattilda!)
I seriously loved all of these — you all really had some great ones! I almost went with the hilarious Mooreen as it is so fitting to the cow but finally chose Dianne’s Layanni because as she said, it is a nod to her excellent mother Layla, and because a big girl has to have a frilly name. I couldn’t agree more!
Congratulations Dianne – you win a pack of 5 of my Equus cards! I know you’ll put them to good use.
I was going to announce our Etsy shops today but decided to wait until tomorrow… I feel the need to add a few more items to our shops before we go ahead and make them “public.” Thank you for your patience, and see you tomorrow!
Here’s a sneak peek —