I received an award from Michelle over at Boulderneigh a few days ago… or was it a week now? The days have been getting away from me lately so I’m not really sure when it is! But I sure appreciate her thinking of me as being creative and for passing along this award.
Apparently, as part of the award I am supposed to list 7 favorite authors — being that I used to read quite a bit (novels), I have done hardly any reading for quite a while now. Annie, new hobbies, and a busy life keep me from it for the most part. Also, I am more of a non-fiction reader (which I do a lot of!), I enjoy learning from books so I buy books that are related to what I want to learn such as sewing, felting, crocheting, horse keeping, sheep keeping, photography and such. I also like to read true stories about real people. With that said I will list the following favorite books and authors that I have been recently learning from:
- “Quilts Baby!” by Linda Kopp
- “Warm and Fuzzies” by Betz White (very fun!)
- “The Adobe Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers” by Scott Kelby
- “Florence Nightingale” Biography in Heroes of the Faith
- “How to Raise Sheep” put out by FFA – Shannon at Kenleigh Acres’ photos are in there!
- “Bridge Called Hope” by Kim Meeder short stories of Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch
- “The Trinity Alps Companion” by Wayne F. Moss.
Speaking of creativity, here’s the top of my first baby quilt I have attempted. It came out pretty good, and was fairly easy too!
It’s for a friend from church who is having a baby girl in January. I still need to put the batting and backing on, but it’s not far from being done! The hardest part will be restraining myself from giving it to her!
I sure hope she likes it!
Now for 7 blogs I think of when I think Kreativ:
- Sara at Punkin’s Patch
- Linda at the 7MSN
- Kenleigh’s Fiber Studio (Michelle gave it to her Farm blog, I give it to her Fiber shop, both are oozing creativity! 🙂
- Linda at Patchwork Fibers
- Hannah at H2Photography — a professional photographer friend from church, she’s excellent!
- Tracey at Mustang Diaries
- and Dyln
Now go forth, all of you creative people and be awarded! You all deserve it and are all so creative, in your own special ways.