A Christmas Questionnaire
I snagged this questionnaire from Lisa over at Laughing Orca Ranch as I thought it looked fun. So, will you all participate? Post it on your blog and then let me know so I can visit you, or answer in my comments!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
3. Colored lights on house/tree or white?
At my parent’s house we always did colored but I have white on my tree. On the house, colored.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. The cats would eat it.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
About two weeks before Christmas day.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Probably the garlic mashed potatoes and the prime rib from our home grown steer.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Probably making my parent’s get out of bed early. And I didn’t laugh then but do now, that my mom always had to have hot tea while opening presents so we had to wait for the water to boil… That took FOREVER. A watched pot never boils right?
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don’t remember ever really “believing” in him. My dad would always put something under the tree from Santa, but I always knew who it was. I’m not too big into believing in Santa still, so I’m sure Annie will know the truth right away. To me, Christmas is much more spiritual than Santa, though he is fun to think about.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I have been given a lot of horsey ornaments over the years and some have come from around the world. I would say that is my main theme but being that we celebrate at my parent’s house more than here, they have a lot of heirloom ornaments that are very important to me. We’ll be decorating their tree tomorrow night so I plan on getting some pics.
11. Snow. Love it or dread it?
Last year it got pretty old as we had feet instead of inches. But I do have to say I think it’s one of the most beautiful things about this earth as it makes everything almost “sinless” if you know what I mean. A winter wonderland is one of my favorite things to see and we surely have that here right now… But! I do have to say that the wet, sloppy snow is definitely a dread for me… I much rather prefer the fluffy dry stuff we are having now and had last year.
12. Can you ice skate?
That’d be a sight… No, I avoid having to try and kill myself.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Probably my gray cowboy boots that I wanted so badly when I was about 10!
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Making sure that Christ is in Christmas.
15. What are your favorite holiday desserts?
Homemade fudge, peppermint, and cookies!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Driving through town to see the lights.
17. What tops your Christmas tree?
Usually nothing at my parent’s house, they normally have about a 12′ tree. At my house, our little four footer is topped by a bow I made.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
I love receiving, but I get the most joy out of finding the right present for someone. I am a really good elf and always do the shopping for my father-in-law. 😀
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
“Oh Holy Night.”
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?
Yum yum yum yum yum! Now you know I’m a peppermint addict.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear jammies?
Have you read my profile? I don’t dress up.
24. Do you own a Santa hat?
Only one that fits my equine friends.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
My parent’s, his parent’s, and this year, both his sisters and their kids. Sometimes the neighbors will pop in too.
26. What are your least favorite things about Christmas?
Being reminded about Christmas in the stores, as early as Halloween and skipping over Thanksgiving.