Looking Forward to Spring
Over at Midwest Horse, Steve hijacked Callie’s blog and decided to do a non-meme or non-tag and asked that any of us list 10 things that we are looking forward to spring for. Here are mine:
1. Lambs, lots of them. They warm the heart, bring a smile to your face, and joy to your life. Nothing like seeing them bounce around the pasture.
2. Sun. I miss the sun shiney days, 70 degree weather, and being able to go out without mud getting caked in my boots and shoes.
3. Horses in summer coats. They just gleam, are gorgeous, happy, and they don’t leave horse hair up your nose and on your clothes.
4. Green grass. I love it when our pastures are green and abundant with grass.
5. No more feeding the livestock. See #4.
6. Swimming is in the near future! I love to swim and wasn’t able to all last year because of being pregnant with our dear daughter. I was too dialated once the water was warm enough in the lakes, then I was post partum and not allowed to swim for six weeks… By that time, the lakes were too cold.
7. Leaves on the trees. We have gorgeous oak trees around our house and it is always exciting to see them start to pop.
8. Flowers. I love flowers, and spring always brings them along. Too bad I, for some reason, am bad at growing them here. I think my oak trees don’t like them.
9. Flip flops. I love my flip flops.
10. Long days.
11. Fishing. I love to fish and my hubby and I head out to the lake after work because of, see #10.
What are your 10 reasons to look forward to spring?